A Hybrid Homeschool Program In Huntsville, Alabama
- Have you ever longed for a homeschool experience that allows your child the opportunity to develop meaningful relationships in a supportive community of like-minded parents?
- Have you desired a homeschool experience that allows your child to cover all the core classes AND have the opportunity to enjoy daily recess/P.E. with other friends at the same location?
- Have you prayed for a homeschool experience that offers help with lesson planning, motivating your child, teaching, and evaluating your child’s academic progress?
- Are you a new homeschool parent that is not sure where to start?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you are not alone. This homeschool program was birthed out of a personal need in our own family for more support and structure while homeschooling. We have created this homeschool opportunity to give children the chance to learn together in a safe, engaging, Christ-centered environment. It also provides parents significant help and support in their homeschooling journey.
We are not a cover school. You are required by AL state law to submit a letter of intent to homeschool to your school district in order to legally homeschool. If you want to join a cover school there are many available ranging in cost from nothing to those that are more expensive and offer more services. If you need more direction in this area we will be happy to assist you.
Christ Point Academy is a hybrid learning program that integrates the benefits of classroom learning with the independence of homeschooling at the lowest cost possible. Our approach prioritizes social development through play time and classroom interaction. Our ultimate goal is to honor God in everything we do here at Christ Point Academy. Our mission is to help create an atmosphere that will point our students to Christ.
- Complete curriculum of core subjects taught by our in-house teachers for grades PreK4-8th grade. We are continually offering more and more high school classes taught in-house as well. If we do not have an in -house teacher for a particular high school class the student will utilize online teaching from BJU Press. Christ Point Academy will also offer high school students an open study hall as a place to work on their homeschool assignments all while having the opportunity to connect with other Christian students.
- Mon-Fri, 9 am-1 pm – instruction on campus with small class sizes to provide individualized attention and adequate oversight.
- Assignments will be started in class and anything not completed will be finished at home.
- Assignments/Tests will be graded and available to parents so they can have a complete assessment of how their child is progressing in each subject.
- Daily Bible/devotion & prayer time.
- Weekly Chapel
- Students will bring their lunch and enjoy eating together each day.
- Daily recess/P.E. for all students. (two 20 min recesses for K-5 & one 20 min PE/social time for 6-12)
- Affordable Tuition
- Meet, Move, and Play Program (you don’t have to be enrolled in the academic program to participate). This is separate program from our academic classes that are in session from 9-1. Meet, Move, and Play is a program available from 1-4:30pm that is open to all homeschool children (desiring a Christ-centered environment) ages 4 and above. If you are looking for an opportunity for your child to meet other like-minded Christian homeschoolers, exert some energy, and play in an organized, structured environment all while giving you a little time for yourself, this may be the program for you. We have a 10:1 teacher/student ratio in order to maintain a godly, safe atmosphere during this fun time for homeschool children. Click on the Meet, Move, and Play Program tab above for more details.
- Extracurricular Classes open to all homeschool students – Upcoming classes – STEAM Classes for K-5th grades beginning Sept 2, 2021 (see extracurricular classes page for more details)
christpointacademy.com or text 256-513-2500 (Melanie Jones)
- Homeschool families can register to join our monthly field trips for $100 per academic school year. Email email@example.com or text Melanie Jones at 256-513-2500
We are located near the corner of Weatherly Rd and South Memorial Parkway next to Top Key Market Antique Store in the old Wells Fargo Building. Entrance to our location is off Blanda Drive, which is the last red-light before you get to the Parkway on Weatherly Rd. Turn left on Blanda Dr. if you are headed west on Weatherly and we are the 2nd entrance past Firestone Tires. Our address is 10007 South Memorial Parkway Huntsville, AL. 35803